The end of the road: Senior Hannah Long’s final goodbyes

Seniors give their final goodbyes.

Attending USI to study exercise science and play softball

My last year of high school is coming to an end, and I am grateful for all the memories I’ve made along the way. I have been a part of the Gibson Southern newspaper staff for three years, and each year has brought new experiences. Sophomore year was all about learning the ins and outs of photography and programs. Junior year was COVID year, but it was also the year I was named Head Photographer and the newspaper went digital. Senior year was interesting, because I had to do an independent study. While each school year was different, they all gave me great memories that I will cherish for the rest of my life. 

Newspaper was more than just a class full of writing stories. I was able to not only improve my writing skills, but my social and photography skills as well. I made loads of new friends and got to be more involved with Gibson Southern as a whole. It was exciting to see people’s reactions when they saw the photos I took or the stories I wrote. Signing up for newspaper was a great decision, and it has helped in shaping me into the person I am today.

As the future is quickly approaching, it’s time for me to say my final goodbyes; however, I won’t be far away. You can catch me at the University of Southern Indiana studying exercise science on campus and making a name for myself on the softball field. 

Thank you to everyone who has gotten me through these last four years of high school. Now I’m onto the next chapter.