Boys freshman basketball team takes on the Alice’s

The 7-3 Gibson Southern boys freshman basketball battled the Vincennes Alice’s. The Titans started off with a quick 4-0 lead, but Vincennes pushed back with two points from a foul. The Titans fired back with a 3 pointer by freshman Jackson Redding, putting the Titans up 9-2. Freshman Adam Thompson got fouled and sank both of his free throws, making it 11-2. The Alice’s push back with their own 3 pointer closing the wide lead.
“We were doing good in the first half and ended on a good shot,” manager Wyatt Kruse said.
At the start of the second quarter, the Titans were up 11-5. Redding drained another three to put the Titans up 14-5. The Alice’s answered with an open layup. The two teams traded back to back scoring drives.
Freshman Jaxun Lamb ended the Alice’s streak by forcing a turnover. Lamb finishes the drive with a layup to put the Titans up 23-16. The Alice’s forced a turnover and made their layup. With the half winding down, freshman Issac O’neal made a key turnover and capitalized on it putting the Titans up 27-18.
“We started the second half with more effort it seemed like and we got open scores,” Coach Mckee said.
At the start of the half, the Titans made a quick three point to start their scoring streak. The Titans forced 3 turnovers in a row and capitalized on all of them. Lamb made a three, widening the lead even more. The Alice’s ended the Titans’ streak with a layup. At the end of the third quarter, the Titans were leading by 20.
“It feels pretty good to be back with my boys from being off for 5 months from my football injury,” freshman Jacob Bales said.
The Titans had a slow start to the 4th quarter by turning the ball over to the other team. The boys quickly forced their own turnover and made a layup on a fast break. Lamb made a behind the back pass to freshman Cole Mckee, and Mckee made the layup. Bales banked in a 3 that got the crowd roaring. The Titans won 51-31.